color up your curb appeal
ADDING PIZZAZZ TO THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR HOME
If you want to add pizzazz to the outside of your home, whether to update or because you’re thinking of selling, consider using color. You can update your home’s exterior and incorporate trends that you enjoy. Adding a pop of color can also increase your home’s curb appeal and make it the envy of the neighborhood.
Siding: Timber Lounge MH21 & Lake Cabin MH22
But how do you add color the right way?
HERE ARE SOME TIPS TO GET YOU STARTED ON USING PAINT TO YOUR BEST ADVANTAGE:
When you decide to change your home’s color, first think about the unchangeable features like brick, stonework, the roof and the architectural style. Considering these elements will help you narrow down color options best suited for to accent or hide features.
• Let the door pop. If it works with your home, you could go with a bold color for the front entry door. Because it’s a stand-alone entity, it doesn’t have to match the rest of the home, but can be a visually interesting focal point.
|Siding: Pale Loden 0440
Door: Star-Studded 0620
Trim: White Shoulders 1265
• Work with your home’s style. You may want to do some research into what color homes like yours are typically painted and start from there. And while you don’t want your house to match every other one on the street, you also don’t want it to stick out like a sore thumb—a house painted pink might work in San Francisco, but not in your neighborhood.
• You can also use exterior shutters to add color and visual interest. If you have an accent color picked out, shutters can be a good way to incorporate the color in another exterior locations on your home.
• There are many sources for color inspiration online. Diamond Vogel offers MyHaven Exterior Collection and Exterior Coordinates Collection, these collections of exterior color combinations draw inspiration from today's current color trends and can help guide you to popular palettes. Also, search online for photos of home exteriors and bring in your inspiration pictures to your Diamond Vogel Paint Store, they can help you create that look from your inspiration photo.
• With the nice weather, look at homes while you’re out on walks or out exploring the neighorhood. Just getting to know your own inclination and taste is half the battle—once you have an idea about the looks you gravitate toward, our paint experts can help you develop a plan.
• Whether you want to freshen up your home’s look with a new coat of paint on your front door, or want to go bold with a colorful accent, now’s the perfect time to get started. Pinpoint the looks you love and incorporate them into your home to add a new level of curb appeal.
Need color inspiration for painting your entry door? Learn how to create a stunning first impression. We offer color collections to help you find the best in exterior color for your project. Take a look at Diamond Vogel Exterior Coordinates, MyHaven, and Diamond Vogel Exterior Stain Planner for inspiring combinations. Stop by your local Diamond Vogel for more information.